Thursday, November 3, 2011

Yumm?

Ellie has been having A LOT of trouble sleeping this week. She's been up every 1-3 hours (the 3 hour gaps have been few and far between...it's mostly been 1 and 2 hour stretches of sleep) at night. Generally when she wakes up at night she's pretty happy and is awake just because she's awake. This week however, she's been very unsettled when she wakes up. She's been very easy to get back to sleep...pacifier and a pat on the back...but she only sleeps for a bit and then wakes back up. I've tried pretty much everything to keep her asleep: tylenol, swaddling, etc. Today I took her to the doctor to make sure she didn't have an ear infection or anything. She checked out just fine so after some discussion and some calculations the doctor realized that she's getting a super small dose of zantac since she's grown a pound in the 3 weeks since we were there last!! So she's now getting more than double her original dose and we're going ahead and starting rice cereal in hopes that helps the reflux and the sleeping. I'm hoping this works because our next option is to switch from breastfeeding to a soy based formula.
We started the rice cereal tonight and it was quite funny! With Emmie I was a little stressed when starting rice cereal because I didn't know how thin to make it, I wasn't using a super fabulous Nuk spoon and it ended up everywhere because, of course, she pushed most of it out of her mouth the first time! Well, this time around I kind of know the right consistency and I have my super fabulous Nuk spoon and I was prepared for the super mess. Ellie was hilarious eating her cereal..she kept making the funniest face! Emmie kept wanting to sample the cereal and then ocne I got her sidetracked from that she kept wanting to watch me video tape Ellie.  It was quite an ordeal but pretty funny! The first video you can really see her funny facial expression and the second you can watch her eating...she kept trying to put her hands in her mouth...it made quite a mess!



No comments:

Post a Comment