Thursday, October 13, 2011

Friends!

So there's a "joke" (I put it in quotation marks because it's not really funny) in my family that if you're my friend and have a daughter Emmie's age you might as well pack your bags because you're going to move away.  This trend all started with Rebekah and Ryan and their daughter Addison. They lived down the street from us and we met right after the girls were born (Addison is 9 days younger than Emmie) and they moved when the girls were around 8 or 9 months old. They were coming through town today and we met them at the zoo (along with one of Rebekah's friends from high school whose daughter, also an Addison, is the same age as the girls). We ended up being there from about 10-1 (I was very glad I'd packed Emmie a snack!) but we had soooo much fun and the girls were so cute to watch! It was really nice to see Rebekah and Ryan and catch up. It meant the world to me to have Rebekah right down the street when Emmie was little. We were both first time moms going through the same things at the same time and it was so nice to have someone to talk to...I miss her so much and I loved getting to catch up with her in person. (We also had our 2nd children 3 weeks apart...Cohen was born at the end of June and Ellie was born mid July.)
The group...we were quite the spectacle with 5 kids under the age of 2...luckily we had lots of adults!

Emmie, Addison, and the other Addison






me, Rebekah, and April

luckily all the girls had snacks!


me and my girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment