Monday, March 7, 2011

It's a....

GIRL!!!!!!!!!


We had a great ultrasound today and Ellison Rachel "Ellie" was very cooperative.  Paul and I are so thrilled that Emmie will have a little sister and we are so thankful that Elllie appears to be very healthy and is right on track developmentally!  When we were having the ultrasound done I wondered if we were already seeing the personality differences in the girls.  Emmie's ultrasound took about twice as long as Ellie's because she was such a wiggle worm whereas Ellie would move around but was much calmer than Emmie was during her ultrasound.  As I've started being able to feel Ellie move around more I can already tell a difference in her and Emmie...Emmie moved ALL THE TIME wheras Ellie is much more like what you read about in books where the baby doesn't move as much if the mom has been moving around a lot because it rocks the baby to sleep.  I can't wait to meet Ellie (but not for at least another 18 or so weeks!) and see what she looks like and how her personality develops.  I think that one of my favorite things that I've experienced with Emmie is watching her personality grow (and she has lots of it!) and I just look forward to doing the same with Ellie!  I'm also very excited to see how she and Emmie will interact and I hope that they will be the best of friends as they grow up! 
So...today I'm headed to Baby Furniture Plus to look at bedding and furniture...yay!  I've looked at some bedding online but I've been waiting to go to the store until I knew if it was a boy or a girl...it's so much more fun to look at bedding when you know for sure what the baby is!

PS.  Hopefully I'll be able to scan some of the ultrasound pictures in later tonight or tomorrow...we got some goood ones!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's fantastic news. The only thing better than one adorable daughter has to be two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to you, Paul, Emmie, Ellie and Franklin!

    ReplyDelete